Monday, August 21, 2006

To Do

Oh joy! Top of my "to do" list this lovely am: *Fill in tax return and *Find the hornets' nest.

The hornets demonstrate qualities of intelligence and evil in equal measure, pursuing the children out of the garden and into house with an appearance of such malign intent that it is truly chilling. They terrify the horses in similar fashion. A normally sanguine friend, recently stung, reports that it felt as if someone were pressing a cigar to his forehead for a whole week. There is good reason to believe that I am allergic to wasp-type stings. Hornets are truly gross, yet somehow I still feel drawn to this issue.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol! Tax returns or hornets' nests...

A good replacement for the phrase 'the devil and the deep blue sea'!

D

Anonymous said...

I'll go with that.

Anonymous said...

It's cos you'll definitely get stung by your tax return.
J

Tim said...

Death To Hornets!

Let us have a "Global War On Hornets"

Better still, let us collect (carefully) ALL hornets and post them with our tax returns.

Carlotta said...

"Better still, let us collect (carefully) ALL hornets and post them with our tax returns. "

Yeah!!! - A sting for a sting.

Debbie said...

I know where mine is! Above my bedroom window where my baby wil be sleeping!!!!!
Why do they have apassion for dive bombing my window at 10.30pm?

Debbie said...

I know where mine is! Above my bedroom window where my baby wil be sleeping!!!!!
Why do they have apassion for dive bombing my window at 10.30pm?

Carlotta said...

Briggs...they're coming to get you! Can you get them before they get you?