Saturday, June 02, 2007

Thinking Bloggers Award


Allie and Tibetan Star have very kindly tagged me for the Thinking Blogger Award.


The official rules for participation in the Thinking Blogger Awards meme are as follows:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think

2. Link to the this post so that people can find the exact origin of the meme.

3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.

Given that I suppose I shouldn't really send the meme straight back to Allie and Tibetan Star, which I otherwise would have done, and that I am having huge difficulty whittling this list down, so will give a plug for at least one other blog which I know has already been tagged, ie: Sometimes its Peaceful, below is my list, which is alphabetical since I rely on all of them in equal measure, if for different reasons.

ARCH
Essential reading on Children's Rights in the UK. Packed with extremely well-researched information on legislative changes that affect children, and knowledgeable about home education to boot. Invaluable.

Blogdial
Dares to say, it is unstintingly snarky when it's called for, coruscatingly critical of the nanny state, well-informed about HE and therefore a hugely cathartic read.

Corvidae Corner
More well-informed snark from another home educator, but just when you feel like topping yourself, he makes you pee yourself laughing.

Home Education and Other Stuff
Snark from the States. Libertarian with social democratic instincts, Daryl seems like a good guy.

The Welfare State We're In
From James Bartholomew, author, journalist, HE dad. His blog feeds the dark side of me in my more extreme libertarian moments.

3 comments:

Pete Darby said...

(drags foot on ground) Gorsh, i dunno wadda say....

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much, Carlotta. What a lovely compliment :o)

Irdial said...

Much appreciated; keep up the good work!