Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Schools Not Working in Any Scheme of Things

I am here I admit, giving up on my preference for adhering to good principles of debate, which would normally mean that I would resist the temptation to turn the debate away from the arguments as to why home educators do not need checking up on, but the latest news that employers are blaming schools for the poor quality of candidates who are pitching up to interviews is just too much.

With apologies to Matthew:

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

1 comment:

Rachel Reed said...

This is interesting, especially when a friend of mine told me today that her 14 year son was about to sit his SAT's at school and is revising Algebra.

"Algebra," I replied, "Such a useful skill for everyday life. I use it all the time." ;0)